I’m a fanatic for quotes.
I love quotes that make you think.
- “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.” —Dr. Seuss
- “Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.” —Confucius
- “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” —Wayne Gretzky
I love quotes that kick you in the pants and get you moving when you don’t want to move.
- “Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about putting on your rain boots and dancing in the rain.” —Vivian Green
- “I expect to pass through life but once. If, therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow-being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again.” —William Penn
- “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So, throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover.” —Mark Twain
- “The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.” —Lao Tzu
- “Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even.” —Muhammad Ali
I love quotes that inspire you.
- “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” —Maya Angelou
- “Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” —Benjamin Franklin
- “Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.” —Albert Einstein
Some people collect sports memorabilia, knick-knacks, fancy sports cars, etc. I collect quotes from famous and not-so-famous people. The quotes and sayings give me comfort and encouragement when I’m struggling, guidance when I need it, and support when I’ve made up my mind and looking for some support. I find the quotes in the books I read, the news stories I hear on the Television, and songs I listen to on Spotify.
Mainly, I love quotes that say things I wish I had said.
- “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched — they must be felt with the heart.” —Helen Keller
- “Life is ten percent what happens to you and ninety percent how you respond to it.” —Charles Swindoll
- “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.” —Jesus Christ
- “You’re braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.” —A.A. Milne
Until I start getting quoted in Graduation Speeches, policy lectures, in books and magazines, and on the web, then I’m going to keep on collecting my favorite quotes. What are some of your favorite quotes?